Your cart is empty
The rum arrangement is a preparation which always meets a great success. More and more consumers are choosing to make it at home with vanilla beans and other fruits and spices. The choice of your vanilla will impact the taste of your rum, all do not reveal the same flavours. Let's take a look at the different types of vanilla and discover some recipes for homemade vanilla rum.
Each vanilla bean has an aroma and a singularity. So, we shouldn't talk about vanilla, but about vanillas. For your arranged rum, it will be here of the taste of each one:
- tahitian vanilla develops sensual, feminine and smooth notes.
- bourbon Gold vanilla from Madagascar reveals floral, acidulous notes and fresh, buttery heart notes reminiscent of fig and prune.
- gourmet vanilla from Uganda offers wild cocoa notes with heart notes reminiscent of caramel, woody and even balsamic.
- mexican vanilla is both cocoa and sweet with heart notes of exotic fruit and spices.
- Papua New Guinea wild vanilla is feminine, fruity and creamy. It reveals heart notes that tend towards caramel, almond, cinnamon and musk. As you can see, the flavours of vanilla vary according to where it is grown and the climatic and geological conditions that are available to it.
There are different types of rum to make your preparation. In Guadeloupe, Martinique and Reunion, there are many rum distilleries. And one finds thus various types of rums, namely:
- the white rum (agricultural or traditional) which enters the composition of many cocktails and arranged rums with vanilla.
- amber rum, which is aged for at least a year in an oak barrel. If it is used in cocktails, it is the one to be preferred in pastries.
- old rum, which has been aged for at least three years in oak barrels. It has more character and reveals delicate woody notes.
Here are a few ideas of associations, it's up to you to choose the vanilla that seems the most appropriate according to your tastes and your experience with my different vanillas.
Vanilla cinnamon rum: 1 liter of white rum, 8 vanilla beans, 2 cinnamon sticks, 2 tablespoons of cane sugar.
Vanilla pineapple rum: 1 litre of white rum, 2 vanilla pods, 1 pineapple, 15 cl of liquid cane sugar syrup.
Strawberry vanilla rum: 1 litre of white rum, 2 vanilla pods, 250 g of strawberries, 10 cl of cane sugar syrup.
Arranged rum lemon vanilla: 1 liter of white rum, 2 vanilla pods, 1 lemon not treated.
Vanilla coconut rum: 1 litre of white rum, 2 vanilla pods, 1 coconut