Your cart is empty
A vanilla with intense and fruity notes. An exceptional batch to discover without further delay. The pods are from "Vendanges tardives". The split pods are picked when over-ripe. The result is a vanilla of incredible aromatic precision, in line with my Gold Medal
Professionals : SALES 217.91€ HT in 1kg format - Delivery DHL Europe includedVanille Grand Cru - Long maturation in a trunk.A unique know-how, the David Vanille Signature.
Main notes: Intensely fruity (prunes, figs, raisins), candied, fleshy.Heart notes: Creamy, vanilla.
The weight of a pod does not determine its quality. As a professional, you weigh the water content.
At our level, in the import of vanilla, after years in the industry, here are the most important points:
- Vanillin content (the main molecule for vanilla notes only)
- Associated aromatic amplitude. On this batch: Main notes: Vanilla, Red fruits (Raspberries, Gooseberries), Forest fruits (Blackberries, Blueberries) Heart notes: Slightly woody, Very candied.
- Harvest period
- Maturing of the batch, respect of the specifications of each importer (here, long traditional maturing as in the past).
- Nutrients of the soil from which the pods come, native soil, type of cultivation (shade, agro-forestry, intensive...)
- Final result in the creations of our customers chefs and individuals.
Finally, the vanilla that the industry buys to create vanilla extracts is only split or unsplit extraction vanilla. Like us, they focus on the quality of the batch and not on the visual. Today, 90% of the vanilla imported into the food industry is still extraction vanilla for its quality of aromatic content (although dry but much more intense).